Review this page carefully
This year-end page includes important resources and other information to help ensure a smooth payroll year-end for your company.
Pay close attention to any deadlines
Any submissions that occur after a deadline may result in additional processing fees and/or penalties assessed by government agencies. You will be responsible for any of these fees/penalties.
Review your employee data
Verify that each employee has a proper Social Security number, name and mailing address. This includes any former and terminated employees.
Complete the year-end form
Submit the year-end form to provide ECCA Payroll+ your 1099 processing instructions; third party sick pay information; and to place your W-2s on hold (if needed).
- Place W-2s on hold.
- Taxable fringe benefit wages are due for:
- S-Corp health insurance
- Personal use of a company-owned vehicle
- Group term life imputed income
- Employer HSA
- For employers with more than 250 W-2s in the preceding calendar year, you must report the cost of employer-sponsored healthcare
- Third Party Sick Pay information is due
- 1099 Processing instructions
- Last day to process any payroll bonus and year-end adjustment runs
- Last day to provide your employees with their Form W-2s
- ACA deadline to provide employees copies of their 1095-B or 1095-C
- Thursday, November 25
- Friday, November 26
Christmas Day Observed
- Monday, December 26
New Year's Observed
- Monday, January 2
Unless placed on hold, your W-2s will be processed after your final payroll of 2022.
Essential Steps for a Successful Year End
Includes important year-end deadlines. You can open this ICS file with your calendar app of choice.
Add leading features to Stack+, your company's HRIS.
By adding key features such Applicant Tracking, Employee Onboarding, and Performance Management to your company's HR Stack, you gain powerful solutions that make it easier to care for your employees.