For the supplemental rate, withhold at:
- 2% if annual gross income is less than $8,000
- 3% if annual gross income is between $8,000 and $10,000
- 4% if annual gross income is between $10,000 an $12,000
- 5% if annual gross income is between $12,000 and $15,000
- 6% if annual gross income is greater than $15,000
State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)
New employers use rate of 2.7%. Rates include an aministrative assessment of 0.06%. For experienced employers, an Employer Tax Rate Notice (DOL-626) is mailed in late December.
Georgia has no provisions regarding termination pay.
New Hire Filing
Within 10 days of employee hiring.
Reporting by mail
Georgia New Hire Reporting Center
P.O. Box 3068
Trenton, NJ 08619
New hire reporting form
Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 1800
Carrollton, GA 30112-1800
The information provided here should not be considered legal or accounting advice nor should it substitute for legal, accounting, and other professional advice. If you require legal or accounting advice, you should always consult your licensed attorney, accountant, or other professional to discuss the facts of your particular situation.
We're here to help. Contact us for any help you might need.